I absolutely LOVED Maui! I went with my sister, so it wasn’t a romantic honeymoon, but we did do some awesome things and had great food. Here are my highlights and must-do’s!
Road to Hana: the curvy roads are insane, but it is worth the trip. Make sure to do the hike once you get to the state park because it will take you to the most incredible bamboo forest. It’s worth it. Trust me. Leave early in the morning, grab a Hana box lunch from CJ’s (it’s the cheapest and best around… comes in a cooler and has exactly what you need) and enjoy the trip! Oh… make sure to have songs downloaded on your phone because you will eventually lose service.
Zip lining: Skyline Adventures was fantastic (I’ve used them in both Maui and Kauai). The views are incredible and as scary as it is, it’s 100% worth it.
- Duke’s Beach House: For dinner. Incredible atmosphere & food
- Roy’s for dinner
- The Gazebo: the BEST breakfast/early lunch spot. You may have to wait a bit, but it’s worth it. You have to walk past a hotel/motel pool to get there
- Aloha Mixed plate: classic Hawaiian food & a great lunch spot
- Lahaina Grill: we didn’t have a chance to eat here, but so many people said it’s amazing
Other things to know & do:
- You definitely need to rent a car
- There’s a mall in Whaler’s Village (& there’s a Sephora in it!)
- We stayed at the Sheraton on Black Rock Beach & the service was like no- other. If you’re Platinum with Marriott, you must stay here for the perks (upgraded room, free breakfast & lounge)
- We went parasailing, SUP, snorkeling & did some body surfing because why not be out on the water? We even spotted a whale while parasailing & a turtle while doing SUP!
Maui holds a special place in my heart & I think my sister would agree that it was one of, if not, the best vacation we’ve ever taken!
Enjoy your trip & tag me in pics!